Purple Essential Collection Queen Size
Our Purple Essential Collection mattresses includes Purple's proprietary GelFlex® Grid for instantly adaptive support + pressure relief. Find perfect solutions to common sleep complaints at our best price.
Queen Purple Mattress®
The instantly adaptive GelFlex® Grid that made Purple famous, with comfort foam for added pressure relief.
Queen Purple Plus® Mattress
GelFlex® Grid paired with Ultra Comfort Layer + 2X base foam for extra stability and motion isolation.
Restore Hybrid Collection Queen Size
Purple's bestselling Restore Hybrid collection has been upgraded. Patented GelFlex® Grid technology combines with all-new comfort layers and responsive coils to deliver the ultimate in cooling comfort, enhanced pressure relief, and instantly adaptive support. Now available in Soft and Firm options.
Queen Purple Restore™ Hybrid Mattress
Upgrade to the enhanced benefits of GelFlex®Grid with hybrid responsive pressure relief and cooling.
Queen Purple RestorePlus™ Hybrid Mattress
Provides core body support plus extra comfort + cooling benefits, for uninterrupted sleep.
Queen Purple RestorePremier™ Hybrid Mattress
Sleep deeper with best-in-class cooling, superior pressure relief + aligning support for restorative sleep.
Rejuvenate Luxe Collection Queen Size
Indulge in luxurious comfort with a Quilted Euro Top—this hybrid collection combines the benefits of a zoned coil system with high-density GelFlex® Grid Plus for maximum body support and pressure relief.
Queen Purple Rejuvenate™ Mattress
Unlock next-level comfort with the GelFlex® Grid Plus, core body support + a luxurious Quilted Euro Top.
Queen Purple RejuvenatePlus™ Mattress
Upgrade to pillowy softness and minimize motion transfer with advanced, conforming layers + core body support.
Queen Purple RejuvenatePremier™ Mattress
The ultimate luxury sleeping experience — top-of-the-line stacked comfort layers + maximum full body support.
Benefits of The Purple GelFlex™ Grid
Cushions + Supports
The Grid’s columns give way under focused pressure from hips and shoulders to gently cradle your body, while offering support to broad, evenly distributed weight (lookin’ at you, legs and back).
Dissipates Body Heat
The Grid features 1,400+ ventilation chambers for better airflow. Plus, when it comes to temperature, our GelFlex material is like Switzerland – totally neutral – so you won’t sleep too hot or too cold.
Adapts as You Move
The GelFlex Grid instantly shifts as you change your sleeping position. When you move, it moves, so you feel every inch of comfortable support and your sleep remains blissfully uninterrupted.
Is a Queen Size Right For Me?
- Queen is more spacious vs a twin or full, but doesn't take up as much space as a king.
- As a general rule of thumb, your bedroom space should be about 9 ½ x 10 feet to be comfortable housing a queen size bed.
- The Queen mattress is the most popular mattress sold. To provide enough room to snuggle and still have some space, couples should have at-least a Queen size mattress.
Mattress Size Guide
Crib: 28" x 52" Toddler: 28" x 52"
Twin: 38" x 75" Twin XL: 38" X 80"
Full/Double: 54" x 75" Queen: 60" x 80"
King: 76" x 80" California King: 72" x 84"
More ways to explore
Experience Purple near you
Find Purple in thousands of stores across the country and try out our beds in person.
Connect with a Sleep Genius
Our Sleep Geniuses are here to answer questions and help you find your dream mattress.
Frequently Asked Questions
Queen size mattress dimensions measure 60 x 80 inches. There are some variations to the standard queen mattress size. Here is a list of all the queen size bed dimensions:
- Queen Mattress: 60 x 80 inches
- Olympic Queen Mattress: 66 x 80 inches
- California Queen Mattress: 60 x 84 inches
- Split Queen Mattress: 2 mattresses each 30 x 80 inches
The dimensions of a standard queen size mattress are typically the same when it comes to length and width, but height is a different story. A queen mattress size can range anywhere from 6 inches to 24 inches in height. Anything less than 6 inches is typically considered a mattress topper instead of a mattress. Queen bed dimensions are considerably larger than a full-size mattress (also known as a double bed) but smaller than a king-size mattress and a California king mattress.
You may enjoy reading: Full vs Queen mattress comparison.
Queen size mattresses vary greatly in price depending on the brand, the type of materials, and the quality of those materials. Prices can range anywhere from $1000 for a bargain mattress to $7000+ for a high-quality mattress.
All Purple mattresses include free shipping and returns, a risk-free 100-night sleep trial, and a 10-year warranty. Restore models include a responsive base layer of pocketed coils for added support and comfort. All of our mattresses feature the patented Purple Grid™, which provides a level of comfort and support that only Purple can offer for all sleeping positions and body types.
The best queen size mattress is one that provides the right spinal alignment, pressure relief, and comfort for your body type and sleep style.
The Purple mattress is the best queen size mattress for many because it provides a great night’s sleep for all sleepers and sleep styles. Couples love Purple because the Purple Grid™ accommodates different sleeping preferences without sacrificing comfort. For stomach sleepers, side sleepers, and back sleepers, the cradling comfort of the Purple Grid™ top layer conforms to the body for optimal support and spinal alignment. Purple mattresses are also loved because they sleep so cool – The Purple Grid™ has over 1800 open airways that promote Absolute Airflow™.
Purple mattresses aren’t just the best queen size mattresses for back support, pressure reduction, and cool comfort, they’re also the easiest mattresses to shop for. Purple will ship a new mattress directly to your home, and you’ll have 100 days to decide if it’s right for you. If you don’t like it, Purple will refund your money and cover the return cost.
Did you know Purple was rated #1 in Customer Satisfaction with Bed in a Box Mattresses by J.D. Power, achieved the highest score in the following factors:
- Value Given the Price Paid
You can shop safely and conveniently for a queen mattress right here at Purple.com. Visit our mattress page to get started. All mattress orders include free shipping, a 100-night sleep trial with free returns, and a 10-year warranty. We’ve also partnered with top mattress stores across the United States. If you wish to purchase a Purple locally, you can search for a mattress store near your home.
- Purple NewDay Mattress - Instantly adaptive – from the GelFlex® Grid, at a price you’ll love.
- Purple Mattress® - The instantly adaptive GelFlex® Grid that made Purple famous, with comfort foam for added pressure relief.
- Purple Plus® Mattress - More support, fewer sleep disruptions. Instantly adaptive GelFlex® Grid with double the base support and breathable Ultra Comfort foam to isolate movement.
- Purple Restore™ Mattress - The perfect balance of responsive support and instant adaptivity for undisturbed, aligned sleep, with stay-fresh antimicrobial options and your choice of soft or firm feel.
- Purple RestorePlus™ Mattress - A 3” layer of GelFlex® Grid envelops pressure points for advanced relief, with zoned support and breathable Ultra Comfort foam to maintain optimal sleep temperatures.
- Purple RestorePremier™ Mattress - An exceptionally responsive system of foam-topped, individual coils and 3” of instantly adaptive GelFlex® Grid work in harmony to deliver deeply restorative sleep at optimal sleep temperatures.
- Purple Rejuvenate™ Mattress - A marriage of quilted comfort and proprietary GelFlex® Grid Plus technology delivers instantly adaptive support, deep relief and decadent, luxurious cushioning.
- Purple RejuvenatePlus™ Mattress - Release all daytime tension with deep, breathable cushioning, supported by the GelFlex® Grid Plus and zoned coils, for instantly adaptive, body-conforming comfort and targeted support.
- Purple RejuvenatePremier™ Mattress - A perfect synthesis of cutting-edge sleep science and classic comfort, with multiple layers of responsive, temperature-balancing support and the full pressure-relieving benefits of the GelFlex® Grid Plus.
The queen mattress is the most popular mattress size because it’s great for a variety of sleepers and bedrooms. Reasons for getting a queen size mattress include:
- You sleep with a partner: A queen-sized mattress is the most popular choice for couples. You might think that a full-size mattress is the best for couples, but they are a bit too narrow for most couples. Queen mattresses give each sleeper a full 30 inches of wiggle room (about 2.5 feet), which is plenty of space to stretch, roll, and change positions.
- You have a family: If you have a family, you’re going to have little ones (and probably the dog too) crawling under the covers to wake up mom and dad or get some cuddles in the middle of the night. A queen mattress provides enough space for a couple to sleep comfortably with a miniature addition or two.
- You like a spacious mattress: Many singles prefer a queen size bed for the extra space it provides. A queen mattress gives you the freedom to spread out and sleep like royalty.
- You’re over 6 feet tall: If you’re one the tall side, a full or twin mattress will leave your feet dangling over the edge of the bed. At 80-inches long, a queen bed extends to 6’ 8” so taller people can enjoy their sleep as much as the rest of us.
- You’re furnishing a master bedroom or guest room: A master bedroom should be furnished with at least a queen bed. If you have a large master bedroom, a king size bed is also a good master bedroom choice. For guest rooms, a queen bed is a great choice since it fits nicely in most rooms and works well for both singles and couples.
It’s easy to find sheets for your queen size mattress. Sets of sheets are named for their corresponding mattress sizes. This means that if you want to fit a queen mattress, you should look for queen mattress sets of sheets. If you want sheets for a king mattress, you should buy king size sheets, and so on.
- Queen Fitted sheet: Most queen fitted sheets measure 60x80 inches, though exact dimensions can slightly vary. The average depth is 14 inches, though “deep pocket” versions are also available. Since fitted sheets have elastic corners to prevent sliding, it’s important to get a queen fitted sheet for your queen mattress.
- Queen Flat sheet: Dimensions of a queen flat sheet are approximately 90x105 inches. The exact dimensions vary by manufacturer. There’s a little more leeway when it comes to the dimensions of a queen flat sheet since it doesn’t have elastic or need to fit as precisely as a queen fitted sheet. You can even use a full size or king size flat sheet with a queen mattress. It won’t be exactly the right size, but it won’t be too noticeable.
If you need sheets for an especially deep queen mattress, like a hybrid mattress or thick pillow top innerspring mattress, then you may need to buy a special fitted sheet with extra pocket depth. The “pocket” of a fitted sheet is the part that tucks into each corner of the mattress. Most fitted sheets are made for mattresses up to 14 inches high. If your queen mattress is taller, you need to buy a deep-pocket fitted sheet.
Transporting your queen size mattress must be done with care. If you’re moving your queen size mattress to a different room in your house, you can simply stand the mattress on its side and drag it or carry it. Queen mattresses are heavy, so you should find someone to help you.
If you’re moving to a different house, you can transport your mattress by following these steps:
- Undress your mattress: Take everything off the mattress. Lift the mattress off the bed frame and box spring and put it on the floor.
- Bag your mattress: Get a plastic mattress bag (you can order them online) and have someone help you slide it onto your mattress until it’s completely covered.
- (Optional) Fold the Mattress: With a friend, get on either side of the mattress and fold it in half from top to bottom. While holding the mattress in a folded position, use some rope, bands, or ratchet straps to tie the mattress together. Once it’s tied, it will remain in its folded position. If you have a large moving truck, you may not need to fold the mattress (though you should still protect it with a mattress bag).
If your mattress shipped to you compressed in a box, you might think boxing it up again would be an easy way to transport it. But keep in mind that bed-in-a-box mattresses like the Purple mattress cannot be recompressed and boxed a second time. Trying to recompress your mattress may result in injury or damage to the mattress.
WARNING: Not all mattresses are safe to fold. Call your mattress brand’s customer service line to find the best way to transport their queen mattress. If you fold a mattress and cause damage, you may void the warranty.
Other Purple Products