I’m quite surprised people are not more alarmed by this. We all know this person. This person tinkers in your peripheral. They loaf around the sidelines of your life, and they wait. When your eyes are wide open, right under your nose — they steal your money, your closest relationships, your ideas, your career, your memories, your health, make you age faster, and they even make you fat, tired, and grumpy.
Who is this baggy-eyed, nod burglar? Well… It’s… It’s you. You are kind of sabotaging your own life. That’s the bad news. The good news is that the solution is really simple. Like, ridiculously simple.
Studies have shown that lack of sleep can cause you:
• To have fewer creative ideas.
• To underperform in your career.
• To have adversely affected memory.
• To age faster and have more wrinkles in your skin.
• To be more prone to certain types of cancer.
• To have higher blood pressure.
• To be higher risk for heart disease.
Luckily for you, the solution is easy. Stop cheating yourself out of sleep. There is almost no easier way to improve your life.